Wednesday, March 18, 2009

2 days

knock, knock, knock.

brought me back to reality today.

I had been daydreaming about what the french call a certain, "I don't know what", when that sound hit my ears.

So to the door I went.

It's always interesting meeting the people that knock on your door at 10 in the morning.

Some of my friends are quick to dispatch these people.

Yes sometimes they want to sell you something...

Okay... well...

Most of the time they want to sell you something.

I remember this one time, at band camp, I opened the door to a well dressed guy with a 2 liter of Pepsi in his hand.

(note: don't ever open the door for a guy with a 2 liter of Pepsi in his hand)

I did.

One guy became two guys, and they were quickly walking into my house with a bunch of big plastic cases, talking about the best vacuum in the world.

Well, anyone that knows me understands my affinity for a bad-ass vacuum.

However, bad ass to me is the dyson powerball - $499.99 at select retailers.

Bad-ass to them was a "Kirby", which I had never heard of before. They seemed kind of offended I hadn't heard of Kirby.

My ex-girlfriend got pissed at me once because her yuppie friend had just purchased a new pair of eye glasses from a name I didn't recognize.

I asked him to repeat it because I hadn't heard of it before and received a pretty intense tongue lashing from my girlfriend for that one.

Hence my EX-girlfriend.

back to the story that isn't really the story yet.

2 guys became 1 guy. The original guy, with the 2 liter of Pepsi in his hand, left his buddy alone. In my house. With a $2,500.00 vacuum. And a guy that's slightly off his rocker and has a love for Vacuums.

Brave.

Well this Vacuum was over 2,500.00 dollars which really blew my mind; but he was interested in showing me how awesome it was, and I wasn't gonna stop them. Although I did re-enforce the fact that by no means was I interested in his product. he was still insistent that he did his demo.

It was an educational event.

This morning however, I met Hugh. A 79 year young Haitian gentlemen that wanted to talk to me about the Bible. I always like these guys. They ask the questions that I like to punch little holes in with my arsenal of articulation.

He was very calm, very insightful, very devout.

He has a strong belief in his belief and I like to see that in people, even if I don't share in their passion for it.

I don't mind listening to different views on religion, politics, pro-choice, not pro-choice.

It's interesting to me to understand the perspective.

What I don't appreciate is someone trying to prove to me that I am wrong and they are right.

It's almost like they are playing the fingers and I am the Chinese trap.

The harder they pull to get their way, the harder it is to sway my opinion.

Not that it could be swayed to any particular extreme, but a little bending to comprehend a point of view is not outside my realm of compensation.

Hugh, however was not trying to force anything on me. It was very interesting to listen to him talk about his life, the things and rules he believes in and follows with vigor.

He had great passion for his purpose and asked insightful questions that I should not take so lightly and answer so quickly.

He definitely sparked my pondering mind today.

Why are we here?

What is our purpose?

What happens in the end?

Is "the end" truly "the end"?

All life's questions that have been questions long before our time; and will remain unanswered questions long after blogging and the internet is ancient history.

Those are 4 simple questions that I think about constantly.

My relationship with Hugh was short lived but direct. Sometimes the people that we meet have great words of wisdom that, if we choose, can assist us in a greater understanding of...

something.






I finished the set list for Friday.

I've received a lot of requests for certain songs.

I think this will satisfy all the inquisitions.

I invite your requests and I will do my best to fulfill them.

Thank you again for your time.

illyBloydF

March 20th - holly n Dolly's
March 22nd - The Art of Coffee
www.myspace.com/billyfloydmusic
www.billyfloyd.com
search for me on google
find me on facebook.
follow me on twitter.

0 comments: