Sunday, April 26, 2009

We're An Interesting Species, Aren't We?

I think "people watching" has been and will always be one of the most popular past times shared by guys and gals of all ages, races, and ethnicity.

Although I haven't found a Facebook, Myspace, or Twitter Page for "People Watching", there are people at this very moment all over the world that are having some coffee, reading the tribune and watching this fascinating world turn. Just taking in the sights and watching the interaction between friends, families, strangers, and luhvahs.

Every now and then it's a very rewarding experience to be part of this human race. I see some great deeds. Others opening doors for others. A person tossing something to the garbage bin as it barely misses, then turning around to pick it up and deliver it to it's original destination.

I meet a lot of new people every single day. Some of these people I will never ever see again... Ever. However, despite my level of knowledge of their past, present, and future nothing is stopping me from introducing myself and asking them about their day so far but me.

It's just an individual challenge for myself.

I suggest you try it as well.

Start small..

Say hello to someone new in the line at McDonalds waiting for your BigMac. In the line at Publix ready to check out. Then move on to a small convo then to a bigger convo.

Granted you'll probably meet those people that won't stop talking; but usually they have the best stories, and are excited to share them with you. Indulge them. Listen to them and in turn they might even ask how your day is going.

Do this with a sense of caution because not everyone out there is a cool cat.

Use your insight and your instinct correctly. Open up your heart and your mind and who knows? You might meet a new person that will add a hint of spice to your life.

Yes there are a lot of bad people out there...

But there are also a lot of awesome people out there as well.

Have faith in people.

And the next time you find yourself in the perfect situation.

Introduce yourself and see what happens next.

Every day I wake up the same question crosses my mind.

We're An Interesting Species, Aren't We?

0 comments: